ColActive3 by AquaSource differs from the product ColActive in that besides cattle colostrum, there is also added Lactoferrin for reinforcing the immune system, as well as the probiotic Acidophilus, which help digestion. During the development of this product, AquaSource’s purpose was to create a product which would enhance and combine the benefits of ColActive.
Colostrum: The fats in colostrum are not removed. It is not processed through ultra-filtration, which sustains the rich with polypeptides proline. Proline is an amino acid vital for the production of collagen and cartilage. It keeps skin taut and reduces the formation of wrinkles. Proline helps the breakdown of proteins used during the formation of healthy cells in the organism. You can read more information on the Colostrum product here.
Lactoferrin is a natural milk glycoprotein which helps the immune system and secures heightened defense against pathogenic microorganisms. For example: every molecule from the protein lactoferrin can connect with two iron atoms. Because many pathogenic bacteria thrive on iron, lactoferrin stops them spreading by making iron inaccessible to them. It is especially effective in blocking proliferation of organisms, which often cause serious illnesses to babies, including Staphylococcus aureus. Lactoferrin also disrupts the process through which bacteria assimilate carbohydrates by limiting their growth this way. It also connects with vitamin B12, thus depriving the microorganisms of it.
The bacteria Lactobacillus Acidophilus is one of the healthiest and most beneficial for the human organism. It is contained within some fermented milk products and food supplements. Taken in adequate amounts, it settles in the digestive and genitourinary systems and enhances health. So far the following effects have been established:
- Betters intestinal ecology and does not allow the development of pathogenic bacteria by preventing their attachment to the intestinal walls, changes pH and oxygen content, and produces bactericidal substances (hydrogen peroxide, lactic and acetic acid, etc.);
- Produces enzymes, including galactose, which is necessary for doubling milk sugar – this way it can help people who are lactose intolerant and newborns;
- Protects intestines, urinal tract and reproductive system from bacterial and fungal infections;
- Decreases the formation of cancerogenics in the intestines and does not allow the development of harmful bacteria;
- Decreases diarrhea after being subjected to chemo or radiation therapy;
- Decreases level of the unhealthy cholesterol;
Here is what the famous natural therapist and nutritionist Dr. Walter Last (author of the “Heal Yourself series”) writes:
“…Finish scientists discovered that mothers who breastfeed their babies can protect them from eczema or asthma, if they take probiotics (acidophilus-bifidus bacteria) during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Babies usually receive the bacteria from their mothers while they are moving down the birth canal, but contemporary medicine changes this natural process. Babies born via C-section are infected by hospital bacteria – streptococcus and clostridium…”
You can read more information on Acidophilus here.
Note: Even though, the product ColActive contains cattle colostrum, it is appropriate for those who are on a lactose free diet, because of the low quantities of lactose and milk. Regardless, however, this product is not appropriate for people, suffering from allergies to the milk protein.
1 Capsule contains: colostrum powder – 400mg, acidophilus, lactoferrin, capsule – pure gelatin.